Re: no insight executable built with target=arm-elf (mingw and ubuntu)

Brian Sidebotham wrote:
My prefix line is now:
../src/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=${INSTALLDIR} --with-tclconfig=${BUILDDIR}/tcl/win --with-tkconfig=%{BUILDDIR}/tk/win

the build fails when compiling ${SRCDIR}/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk.c because it's trying to include <sys/ioctl.h> but mingw doesn't have a sys/ioctl.h include. Excluding this include in the source code fails on the errors - sigaction structure not defined.

Are you using mingw or Cygwin? You cannot build/run Insight or gdb on mingw (at least that was true the last time I looked at it). Officially, mingw is not a supported platform (although I have heard of people making having various degrees of success making it work).

The ${BUILDDIR}/gdb/config.h file has HAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H commented out, but then the gdbtk.c file includes it without checking the define anyway.

I'll fix that.

> I still haven't tried the linux box yet as it's at home. Any further
clues greatly appreciated!

I seldom use Windows any more since my box is about eight years old, but I've dusted it off to give it a try. No problems. For linux, make sure you have the x-devel packages installed. On Fedora, that's xorg-X11-proto-devel.