Re: GDB-insight build errors

Hi,

Concerning of the problem that cannot install insight6.6 properly.
I think I discovered the most likely cause.
Correct me if I wrong.

When I installed cygwin on Windows XP PC,
I selected DOS format(CR-LF) files.
Now don't you think that is the cause of entire problem?
The reason is that my colleague tried to install insight6.6
on his cygwin and succeeded and he installed cygwin in Unix format(LF)!

Now let me explain why I installed in DOS format.
I also at first installed in Unix format,but I encountered
problems that shell can't read ecos batch files(ecosenv.sh etc.)
like these,
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifierITORY
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
I discovered files related to ecos configtool are all DOS formated.
I don't know why.
Believe me I experienced terrible slough troubling by file format differences.
So I determined to install cygwin and all in DOS format from the beginning.

Now it is the ultimate question if use DOS format or Unix format,
as far as running under Windows.

I agree I should use Unix format on condition ecos configtool correctly output
Unix format files.

I am all in ears what is your opinion.

Masahiro Ariga