Re: Adding new target type

Robert S. Grimes wrote:

Not really following you exactly, but... it works! Here's what I put there:

I think you followed me exactly... :-)

When I open the Target Selection dialog now, I see "RTEMS Remote/TCP",
and when I select that, it gets pre-filled with 192.168.1.69, port 2159,
just like I want it to!  Of course, I'm not sure where those host:port
values came from, but I'm guessing its some cache action on the part of
gdb, as that's the last target I attempted to - is that right?

Hmm. I don't know where that would have come from. Insight's target settings are pretty disjoint from gdb's... Nonetheless, Insight should remember these numbers for you after you enter them the first time.

Note from the above that I was also trying to get the serial setup to
work, but that presented one oddity - when I selected the serial RTEMS
target, the Baud value started out with "TCP" instead of 38400 - odd.

Yeah, that is odd. As long as you have the two database targets "rtems-remote" and "rtems-remotetcp", you should be fine. Just cut-n-paste the entries for Remote Serial/TCP.

But don't worry, I don't want to use the serial port anyway, and even if
I did, I could live with that.

Okay -- cool!

Happy hacking,