Multiple Insight sessions on cygwin hang indefinitely

Hi,

I am running into hanging Insight windows when more than
one instances of Insight are executing.

$ insightmips64i.exe --version
GNU gdb 6.6
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=mips64".

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 Sunil_Kulkarni 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin

OS: Windows XP professional

My set-up is as follows:

   |               |          |         |------ port 1 -- target1
   | Windows/Cygwin|----------| Terminal|------ port 2 -- target 2
   |               |          | server  |        ....
                                        |------ port 32 -- target 32

In each Insight window, I connect to target as
"target remote terminal-server:port#".

port numbers change for each target. Potentially, I would like to
connect to all 32 targets concurrently but I am experimenting with
only 2 sessions as of now.

I try to dump, say 2000 words of target memory on two sessions
(Eg: gdb$ x/500x $sp).
After displaying around 20 bytes, both the insight windows hang.
Some times, they hang forever and I need to kill the process.
Other times, after a few minutes (2 - 5), all the memory is dumped
on the screen at once as if Insight had buffered the target's memory
while it appeared to hang.

I see this problem only on insight running on cygwin.
Following debuggers  work fine on the same remote target, same
debugged program and same commands:
 - Insight 6.6 on Linux
 - gdb6.6 (command line) on same cygwin
 - ddd front end with gdb6.6 on same cygwin

(I tested the above with around 8 sessions at the same time)

I am not turning on IPC between Insight sessions.

Also, with more than two sessions running at the same time,
a couple of them report "Invalid hex digit in response" error.

Please let me know what other information do I need to provide
since this is the first time that I am working on windows
environment.

Regards,
Sunil

More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.