Re: Adding a target?

Edward L. Hepler wrote:

It appears that the "to_insert_breakpoint" function is not getting called.

Wow... This could require more specialized help...

Do you know of changes that might have caused this to break?
Is there some reason why the "to_insert_breakpoint" structure item
would not be overloaded with the vr2000 entry when the ops target
is changed?

I neither see anything obvious nor do I recall any changes in this area. If your target vector's to_insert_breakpoint method is not being called, your best bets are to chase down why to_insert_breakpoint is being set to ignored (perhaps some new target vector ops have been inserted since the release and you need to update your target vector definition?) or you should contact gdb@sourceware.org and ask those people, since they are in a much better position to help figure this one out. [I presume that just using the command line exhibits the same problem...]

I wish I could be more help, but I've been too idle in gdb internals to be able to help you efficiently.

Keith

PS. I will commit a patch for the default portname thing you pointed out.