Crashes when "balloons" enabled

I have tried 6.5 to 6.8 and they all seem to crash after accessing a balloon for me. When I allow a balloon to pop-up the program crashes (disappears) typically after re-sourcing gdbinit in the terminal (i.e., so gdbinit), not immediately. Although I have rarely seen it crash when the mouse was over a cursor and a balloon was about to pop-up.

I saw this bug listed on a bug list on the insight site I think. No resolution was mentioned.

Is there a possible work-around for this? I have tried various preference setting and I have found nothing that prevents a crash (except disabling the very useful balloon feature).

I am building directly from source on fedora 8 and am currently using insight 6.6 since my rtos (rtems) includes gdb 6.6. Applying the rtems patches to gdb in insight has no effect on the crash. My target is arm.

I am doing remote debugging to a gdb server in a ethernet connected Macraigor mpDemon.

Thanks,
-gene