Re: Crashes when "balloons" enabled

Keith Seitz wrote:

Can you give me a testcase and procedure (hopefully native linux)? The simple test case I've tried here works.

Built and installed native insight from source (no params on configure). See no problems with a simple linux app with balloons, even after doing "so gdbinit" (with gdbinit just containing simple stuff like b main; run).

With arm build, gdbinit reloads code to memory via jtag. So a bit more is going on there.

FYI, my insight configure params for arm build are this:
configure -v --quiet --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.8 --target=arm-rtems4.8 \
--enable-interwork --enable-multilib --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as

Not sure all of these are needed. The rtems build instructions for gdb (no insight) just includes the --prefix and --target. The other stuff I got from this guy's site:
http://openhardware.net/Embedded_ARM/Toolchain/#insightcfg
Specifically, his 05makeInsight.sh script.

I will build with fewer params on configure and see what happens.

Can you tell anything from the backtrace I sent?

-gene