Re: Crashes when "balloons" enabled

Doug Graham wrote:

But c_value_of_variable() has been rewritten in 6.8 (but not 6.7.1),
and it looks like this bug might have been fixed, perhaps inadvertantly:

varobj.c:2247
            if (var->not_fetched && value_lazy (var->value))
              /* Frozen variable and no value yet.  We don't
                 implicitly fetch the value.  MI response will
                 use empty string for the value, which is OK.  */
              return NULL;

It doesn't call either of gdb_value_fetch_lazy() or common_val_print()
any more.

Yeah, there has been some churn in varobj in gdb recently. I'll have to double-check this to make sure that it is still "safe" or whether I have to jump through (even more) hoops to make it safe again.