Re: Debugging remote target

Dale Lee wrote:

What do I need to do to make the insight debugger report the arm registers correctly?

You need to tell the build that you want a debugger that runs (hosted) on i686, but targets ARM. See configure's "--target" option.

I don't know the exact triple used for your ARM cpu, there are a number of ways to find out. Easiest, what is the name of your compiler (assuming gcc). If it's "foo-bar-baz-gcc" (or perhaps just "foo-bar-gcc"), then your build --target is "foo-bar-baz" (or perhaps simply "foo-bar").

If you're not using gcc, you can look in src/gdb/configure.tgt for a suitable target triple for your target. Otherwise, your best bet is to search or ask the gdb mailing list for assistance.