'Exec' target option does not appear

Hi, my name is Tomas. I recently installed Insight from the Gemi repository on my Fedora 9 machine, and I'm having some trouble getting it to run using local debuggers. When I launch Insight with the command "insight a.out" where a.out is a test C program, freshly compiled with 'gcc -g', the program starts up and I see the program's source code in the window. I can choose different display modes all I want, and they all display just fine, but when I click the 'Run' button it prompts me to select a target, and 'Exec' is not among them. If I open up a console window (using the program), and run the command "target exec a.out", there is no output, but the main program window does flicker as if it's refreshing itself. When I click 'Run' again, I get that same prompt as before to select a target, and again 'Exec' is not available. Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but if I try the 'run' command in the console window, I get an error message: 'Error: Don't know how to run. Try "help target".'

Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to convince it that I don't need to connect to a remote machine to do the debugging?
Thank you for your time.
-Tomas