Re: Problem running insight on Fedora 9

Martin Rakhmanov wrote:

I found this: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/tcl-core/3668443

"Your system has a very recent release of X11 from X.org.  That release
broke interface compatibility, so you also must get the very latest
release of Tk, 8.5.4, that's been modified to account for that."

If that's the case with insight too: are there any plans to update Tcl/Tk?

Grab a snapshot and use that. I've ripped tcl, tk, and itcl out of our sources, so you can build using a system-supplied variety. You're going to run into other problems, though, with loading some widget set. And I think there was a packaging problem with one of the -devel packages that I had to work around. Or something. It has been quite a while since I looked at this. I'm still basically using F8.

Nonetheless, report back any problems here and we can work though them.

Keith

PS. You'll need tcl, tk, itcl, iwidgets and their -devel RPMs installed.