Re: gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-stack.c - fail due to strict aliasing

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

Reported as binutils bug#6986 [1]

arguments = *(int*) &clientData;

Thank you for the patch: it's not quite correct, but then the existing code is completely wrong. That got really botched somehow: clientData is an int, not an int*. I don't know how I messed that up. O:-)

I've committed a proper fix. Or at least I think I have, since gcc 4.4.0 no longer complains about this. Let me know if this still presents problems for you.

I'm remaking the snapshot to include this patch.