Re: gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-stack.c - fail due to strict aliasing

Keith Seitz wrote:
Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

Reported as binutils bug#6986 [1]

arguments = *(int*) &clientData;

Thank you for the patch: it's not quite correct, but then the existing code is completely wrong. That got really botched somehow: clientData is an int, not an int*. I don't know how I messed that up. O:-)

I've committed a proper fix. Or at least I think I have, since gcc 4.4.0 no longer complains about this. Let me know if this still presents problems for you.

I'm remaking the snapshot to include this patch.

Keith

1027 SS won't build as pointed out other msg. When I manually apply this patch to 1021 SS it builds OK.