Re: Insight broken with latest tcl/tk

Keith Seitz wrote:

> These functions are defined by c-exp.y. Do you have flex and bison
> installed?

I was missing bison.
> Did c-exp.c get generated in your (gdb) build directory?

Yes it did actually, but it just contained an empty declaration of main
(that also caused a compiler warning - type defaults to int).
Installing bison fixed it, however I did have to delete the directory
and start again - make clean and make distclean didn't quite do the
job.  Fortunately I had taken a copy of the cvs checkout before I
attempted to do any builds so I could restore it to a genuine clean state.

I now have arm-elf-insight and sh-elf-insight installed successfully.  I
haven't really tried using them yet though.  I use remote serial on sh,
and both remote serial and remote jtag via tcp on arm - this isn't my
main PC but I'll make an effort at some point to try all 3 of these
configs in case I can give you any useful feedback about the leading
edge code.  Probably not this week though.

Thanks for your help.
Dave