Re: Compiling on cygwin

Spencer Oliver wrote:
I know gdb has had some churn in it in the past year to add "native" mingw support, but I don't believe that this will work with Insight. I have never tried, though, so it might not be as bad as I am guessing.

just for info insight-6.8 builds on native mingw out of the box. older versions of insight required a few tweaks however.

Cheers
Spen

Spen,
If you monitor this list maybe you can answer this. When you say "builds on native mingw" do you mean under cygwin with configure option CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" or do you mean builds under the msys shell?

So far I have gotten errors with both methods with CVS head version. Haven't tried 6.8 yet.

Trying pure cygwin build now...

-gene