Re: 20090609-cvs bad on linux (build fail cygwin)

Keith Seitz wrote:
Gene Smith wrote:

On all platforms, 6.8 builds (with the same script) and runs fine.

I hate to say this, but this leads me to believe that a change in gdb is actually breaking insight. Insight has not changed much (if at all) in the last year or two. So there must be something under the covers, and that means gdb.

If you can supply me with a detailed build and test procedures to reproduce the problem, I'll see if I can figure out what is going wrong.

Keith

But I thought insight has it *own* gdb that never changes? Anyhow, here are the step I use to build it:

mkdir insight_make
cd insight_make
copy in attachment environ.sh
copy in attachment 05makeInsight.sh
copy in attachment 05instInsight.sh
(adjust paths in scripts as appropriate)
mkdir insight_build
bring in cvs head (I think it is under src/ by default) and rename to insight_sources:
mv src/ insight_sources/
./05makeInsight
./05instInsight

That's it. However, to actually see the problem you need to be able to bring up source window that actually attempts to do something, like step through code or hit a set breakpoint. The non-responsiveness of the source window (other than the command menu and icons at the top) is the problem.

Hopefully, this will help.

Thanks,
-gene
P/S: I am still a bit confused as to whether I should be using the "system" supplied tcl/tk or the tcl/tck code from insight. I think I am using insight's. If I should use the system tcl/tk, how do I do that?

#export TARGET=arm-rtems4.9
#export PREFIX=/opt/rtems-4.9
#export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/bin
export TARGET=arm-none-eabi
export PREFIX=/home/gene/eabi/install
export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/bin

## special for linux mingw32 cross compile, n/a otherwise
export RC="i686-pc-mingw32-windres"

#!/bin/sh
#
# gds: reduce configure prms to rtems default (didn't help)
#
. ./environ.sh
if [[ "$TARGET" == ""  || "$PREFIX" == "" ]] ; then
	echo "You need to set: TARGET and PREFIX"; exit 0;
fi
export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/$TARGET

#cd insight_build && rm -rf *
#../insight_sources/configure -v --quiet --prefix=$PREFIX \
#   --target=$TARGET --enable-interwork --enable-multilib \
#   --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
#make all
cd insight_build
../insight_sources/configure -v --quiet --prefix=$PREFIX \
   --target=$TARGET --enable-interwork --enable-multilib \
   --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
#   --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

make
#make install
cd ..

#!/bin/sh
. ./environ.sh
if [[ "$TARGET" == ""  || "$PREFIX" == "" ]] ; then
	echo "You need to set: TARGET and PREFIX"; exit 0;
fi
export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/$TARGET
cd insight_build
#make all