Re: source code query

On 08/07/2009 05:48 AM, pooja nagpal wrote:
Insight sometimes cannot find the source code.
We believe this is due to a windows environment variable being set
incorrectly, but we do not fully understand the issue or why it seems
to differ between users.

What makes you believe that a Windows environment variable would alter the way gdb or Insight work? To the best of my knowledge, environment variables do not affect gdb's or Insight's ability to find source files (or do just about anything else).

The first thing to check is if gdb can find your source file (if Insight cannot). Open a console window and type "list" (if you want the current source location). If gdb outputs an error saying that it cannot find your source, you probably need to set the source code search directory path. Type "help dir" in a console window to see how to do this.

I am, of course, assuming that all your object files were compiled with debug info. If they weren't, there is no way gdb or Insight could find them. [I know, that's a really dumb thing to say, but it happens so frequently, that I have to mention it.]