Re: Fw: Initialization Commands

On 11/04/2009 11:10 AM, María de los A. Vázquez wrote:

I did it but I got an error:

(gdb) tk set ::env(INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES)
Error: can't read "::env(INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES)": no such variable

This means that "INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES" was not defined in the environment -- double-check your setting of this. [You might have to log-out and log back into your computer (or even restart it) for Windows to recognize this. I don't know exactly, it has been a very long time since I used Windows.]

Can you open a (command) shell and view the environment variables? [I think that's the "env" command, but don't hold me to it. Like I said, I haven't used windows seriously for at least ten years.] If so, is INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES listed?

This is what I got:

(gdb) tk $::env(HOME)
Error: invalid command name "C:\Users\help"

[Of course, the '$' should have been omitted.] Nonetheless, this is the directory that is coming up as your home directory. [Is "HOME" set in your environment?] Unless you define HOME, you will have to place gdbtk.ini/gdb.ini in this directory in order for insight to find it. To be precise, this is where you will have to put gdb.ini (which you should not need). This is where insight will put gdbtk.ini.

Did you build your version of insight or did you download it from
somewhere?

I download it from somewhere.

I hope that does not turn into a problem. I have no idea what kind of modifications were made to gdb/insight (if any). What is the output of "show version"?