Re: breakpoint setting bug

On 02/21/2010 09:48 AM, Bruce Korb wrote:
I've got too much stuff on my plate at the moment.
If this is insufficient, I'll try to do a better
test case later.  Sorry.

Yeah, this is definitely not enough information to appropriately assess the bug. I used your example code to try to build a test case, but I could not reproduce the bug.

In the following code fragment, I set a breakpoint at "emit_file_text"
only to have insight/gdb to set it on line 1227 instead of 1219 or 1222.
Oops.

  	1211	static void
  	1212	emit_file_text (input, remaining_size, restore_name,
  	1213	                quoted_restore_name, split_flag)
  	1214	     FILE * input;
  	1215	     off_t remaining_size;
  	1216	     char const * restore_name;
  	1217	     char const * quoted_restore_name;
  	1218	     int * split_flag;
-	1219	{
  	1220	  char buffer[BUFSIZ];
  	1221
-	1222	  while (fgets (buffer, BUFSIZ, input))
  	1223	    {
  	1224
  	1225	      /* Output a line and test the length.  */
  	1226
	1227	      if (!mandatory_prefix_mode

Was this application compiled with optimization? How did you set the breakpoint? Clicked on the line in the source window or used the console's "break" command? If the former, what happens when you type, "break emit_file_text" in the console window? What version of gdb/insight? What host and target?

If you could pare this down to a small test case, that would be of considerable help.