Using system tcl/tk version 8.5

I followed these instructions from Keith on how to build (cvs head) insight w/o using the included tcl/tk:

<quoth Keith from 3-18-2010>
To build using the system-supplied tcl/tk, make sure you have the dev packages (on linux) installed: tcl-devel, tk-devel, itcl-devel, itk-devel. Remove (or rename) tcl, tk, and itcl from your source directory, and the build will find the system-installed versions. [I don't recall if this is absolutely necessary, but I do it anyway.]

When starting an untested build configuration for the first time, I usually do a "make configure-gdb" and check the output of configure that it found the tcl/tk/itcl/itk stuff that I expected it to.
<end quote>

I did what he said in the first paragraph but my system (fedora 12) has tk/tcl 8.5 and the build process expects 8.4. But if I rename my installed libtcl8.5.so and libtcl8.5.so to 8.4 the link works.

But when I run insight it expects 8.5 again so it fails to run. But if I rename the system files above back to 8.5 it runs.

Is there a way to specify in configure the version of tcl/tk that you have on your system or, even better, to try to work with whatever you have?

Regarding his 2nd paragraph above, where do you run the "make configure-gdb" he speaks of? It does not seem to be a supported target.

-gene