Re: CVS Insight running on Windows 7 x64 using ActiveTCL, mingw/msys, built for arm-none-eabi

On 07/09/2010 11:40 AM, George Najarian wrote:
What do I do to get the debug symbols included?

If you need to debug Tcl code, there is some stuff in the sources to allow this, but I've never used it, and I don't know if it works at all. I usually do this the old-fashioned "printf"-like way.

Does Insight have a built in TCL prompt or trace window?

Yes. See the README for details. I usually use either GDBTK_DEBUGFILE or GDBTK_DEBUG. I've not tried/used GDBTK_TRACE. YMMV.

You can access the Tcl interpreter using the console command "tk". You can open a debug window after you start insight (i.e. GDBTK_DEBUG = 0) by typing at the console:

(gdb) tk ManagedWin::open DebugWin

Errors will show up in orange with "E", Info messages are green with "I", and warnings will be yellow (I think) with "W".

I seem to recall fixing some target settings dialog issues before... What does "show version" display?

My guess is this has something to do with the way COM ports are probed. That's what it was last time, as I recall.