Re: CVS Insight running on Windows 7 x64 using ActiveTCL, mingw/msys, built for arm-none-eabi

This is what I needed to do to compile insight for mingw on win7.

Download:
MSYS and MINGW - I used the trolltech mingw and msys from sourceforge
ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/misc/MinGW-gcc440_1.zip
http://cdnetworks-us-1.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingw-w64/External%20binary%20packages%20%28Win64%20hosted%29/MSYS%20%2832-bit%29/MSYS-20100707.zip
ActiveTCL 8.5.8
TCL and TK 8.5.8 sources

install the activetcl files and unzip the tcl and tk sources into a build directory
create build directories for tcl and tk and configure/make all them from the win
directory. Do not make install.

Grab insight cvs source tree. Apply patch. create a build directory and configure/make all install.

No warranty is expressed or implied. YMMV. everything should work.

george