.gdbtkinit help

I've been reading about setting up Insight and I'm confused. I've seen
reference to two locations for the .gdbtkinit file but I can only find one.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and I only find the .gdbtkinit flie in the Home
directory. I thought there was to be a copy both in the directory where I
executed Insight (project directory) and in the Home directory but I only
ever see it in the Home directory.

So, maybe a better question to get where I think I'm going: I was looking to
have Insight store the Target Settings (File/Target Settings.) info so I
don't need to set this with each session. I was trying to create either
separate project directories within the same Home Directory, or set
different Users (ergo different Home directories) for each different project
so I could have Insight set up specifically for each target/project and not
need to go through the set-up each time. I thought the way to do this was
generate the .gdbtkinit in the project directory and then copy this into the
Home directory but I only find the .gdbtkinit in the Home directory and it
does not save the Target Settings.

So, any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Timothy Jump