Re: Next Release Status

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 16:22 +0200, Bahadir Balban wrote:
> Hi Keith/Christopher,
>

> > On 11/08/2011 04:16 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >         Actually, I've been able to build this without much effort.  I just
> >         don't like the current state of affairs wrt cygwin tcl/tk and insight so
> >         I haven't been motivated to make a release.
>
> Would you please share instructions on how to build Insight against
> GDB-7.x?
>
> We are using it in fashion of ICE debugging with QEMU and gdb-6.8 seem
> to have debug issues with recent toolchains. I would appreciate a new
> release.

Is it possible to compile Insight as detached from a specific GDB
version? In DDD ddd --gdb --debugger option specifies the GDB version.
This is the way we confirmed that insight's gdb and latest GDB differed
in the way they step through our latest compiled code. Insight is
skipping certain function bodies as if they were inlined.

Thanks,
Bahadir