Re: Patch for setting breakpoints in source window

On 12/06/2011 11:23 AM, Jeffrey Armstrong wrote:
I've been experiencing issues with Insight compiled via MinGW under
Windows where the user cannot set breakpoints via the source window
under certain circumstances.  The culprit appears to be a failure to
wrap the filename in quotes when passing it to gdb.  Normally this
isn't a problem, but when a space is present in the full path name, as
is so common on Windows, the breakpoint fails to be set.  I've
attached a simple patch below that shouldn't have any detrimental side
effects on other OSes.

Hi,

Thank you for the patch. You're right, that should not present any problems on any platforms. I've committed your patch with the following ChangeLog:

2012-02-28 Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>

	From Jeffrey Armstrong  <jeffrey.armstrong@approximatrix.com>:
	* library/srctextwin.itb (lookup_line): Quote the filename
	to gdb_set_bp.