[SOLVED]: Insight 64bit windows version

Hi...

Am 07.03.2012 17:01, schrieb Roland Schwingel:
Hi...

Has anyone already tried that too? Any experiences?

Since a few days I am trying to build an insight (based on gdb 7,4) for windows 64bit using mingw-w64 compilers.
I got already quite far, but not far enough.

I got a big problem in the beginning with the intree tcl/tk/itcl/itk 8.4 based versions. They are IMHO way to old to work on 64bit windows. I looked at tcl 8.5 which is already way better in regard of win64bit but still not as good as win64 friendly as tcl/tk 8.6beta.

So I updated my system to the current tcl/tk 8.6 source from the tcl/tk repos. When running tk's 64bit wish on windows 7 64 I can run the tk supplied tests just fine. I upgraded itcl/itk also to the most recent versions (4.0beta) to match the tcl/tk versions. I am using iwidgets 4.0.2.

I also had to give some love to libgui in regard of windows 64bit. It hasn't got any attention for around a decade so it just refused to build for win64.

So I can link insight now. For regressions reasons I am also compiling insight for windows 32 bit and linux 32 bit from the very same source with the very same compilers and the very same settings. On all platforms I do get the very same result. Insight bails out with some tcl errors on startup. I am just starting out to learn tcl to get insight going but maybe someone can give me a hint whats going wrong here. My tcl knowledge is still VERY MUCH limited.
[....]

After a sleepless night and a bunch of searching up and down the internet I finally have a working
version of a native 64bit windows insight! Hooray!

itcl/itk4 do not work very well at present. So I made myself a chimera version of itcl 3.4.1/itk 3.3 that (appears to) work fine with tcl/tk 8.6.

And voila: Insight starts up and appears to work!

Roland