Re: update to insight?

On 02/09/2013 06:30 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:

Are there any plans to continue updating 'insight'?

Insight is largely in maintenance mode. I still use it daily, and I will continue to do whatever I need to do to keep it working.

It would be great to have a source that will compile with gcc >= 4.7.x.
As a new linux user, I don't know how to install / use gcc 4.2 alongside
4.7 on my system - and if I understand correctly, from comments found
online, 4.2 is required for compiling?  (I tried --disable-werror in
the ../src/configure command, but that didn't work).

I build on Fedora 15, 17, Ubuntu 12.10, and Windows/MinGW fairly regularly. Fedora 17 comes with GCC 4.7.2, and I have no problems building for x86_64.

I always get this error.
linux-nat.h:63:18: error: field âsiginfoâ has incomplete type
make[2]: *** [i386-linux-nat.o] Error 1

If you would like more information from me, I'm happy to provide what I
can - just tell me what to do! :)

First things first. What is your configure triple? Can you configure and build gdb without Insight? What version of insight are you trying to build?

FWIW, I use CVS HEAD. I've never used a release, and I haven't made one in years. Now that things are starting to settle down around me, I am hoping to commit a few important patches for x86_64 and MinGW and make a new release. 6.8 is (obviously) ancient.

I've never tried Arch linux, but I'll try installing it into a VM...