From: Keith Seitz [mailto:keiths@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 6:18 PM
To: Bruce Dawson
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Changing keyboard bindings

On 02/22/2013 06:00 PM, Bruce Dawson wrote:
> I found three places in srcbar.itcl where "accelerator N" is specified
> -- twice for the Control menu and once for the "trace" menu which I
> assume is the toolbar with the step and next buttons. However when I
> change all three occurrences of N to Q and do make/make install it
> affects the Control menu but not the toolbar.

Gah! Yes, I forgot that those get displayed on the balloon help. Those are in srcbar.itcl, scattered in various places. TBH, I wouldn't care if we deleted the key bindings from being displayed in the balloons. It's a very unusual thing to do. Maybe it made sense to someone a fifteen years ago.

> I also noticed that srctextwin.itb does some binding with
> bind_plain_key -- it looks like that is what affects what is actually
> processed, as opposed to what is actually shown.

Doh! Yes, that is where those bindings would be useful, no? I completely spaced on that, sorry.