Insight freezes on Windows 7

 Hello!

I am trying to use Insight on Windows 7, and have problems. Under certain conditions it freezes and GUI stops responding. This happens after you open and close target selection dialog, and then do one of the following:
a) Close main window.
b) Call any function which gets reference to Windows HWnd (for example "Print setup" dialog), or open "Select file" dialog (File->Open... for example). c) Use 'Connect to target' option with no target set up. In this case it opens target selection dialog, then if you cancel it it should open MessageBox(), which freezes.

Using sequential division method i figured out that the problem pops up because of port_list TCL function. If you comment it out, the problem disappears. More precisely, the problem is caused by the sequence:
if {[catch { set fd [::open COM$i: RDWR] } msg]} { <--- this succeeds
close $fd <--- Close the stream.
It's even more strange that if you add for example 'puts "Ok!"' right before close call the problem disappears.

 This problem reproduces on all three possible flavours:
1. Cygwin
2. MinGW 32-bit
3. MinGW 64-bit.

 Yes, i have to patch the source in order to build (2) and (3).
The problem is well reproducible on both last release (from 2009) and current CVS code. Right now i'm digging into Tcl_FSOpenFileChannel() in order to try to understand the true cause of the problem.

 Can anyone give me a hint ? Does anybody run on Win7 too ?

P.S. Sorry if this is wrong list, i tried to post to insight-pr twice, but first time the message was rejected with "do not send spam to us" notice, second time with "this is wrong list" notice. I hope this time will work.

--
 Kind regards
 Pavel Fedin