Re: Building problem

On 03/26/2013 10:15 PM, Sefer Tov wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I was actually trying to build the CVS HEAD version.

I built that this afternoon for x86_64-linux without incident.

Seems like parts of the GDB code just won't compile with GCC 4.6
complaining about C++ adherence problems (parts of the simulator) and
after repeatedly patching them I eventually had to give up. I assume
that an older compiler (maybe GCC 3.4 or 4.3) would accept that code
however it's harder to get them built for a dual-arch (x86/x64) environment.

Over the past few days, there has been quite a bit of brokenness in the simulators. Developers are working to sort it out. See, for example:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2013-03/msg00871.html

[This is not the only thread on it; just the one I remember reading about the most over the past week.]

Does your problem sound anything like that? [It doesn't really, but without actual log of the build, it is unwise to commit. :-)]

Have you tried building the CVS HEAD with newer GCC? I wonder if you'd
be encountering the same issues.

I'm using gcc version 4.6.3 20120306 (Red Hat 4.6.3-2) (GCC). This is the Fedora 15 system compiler.