Re: insight problem

On 05/15/2013 01:36 PM, Stinson, Michael wrote:
When I try to bring up source in Insight I get

Error in sourced command file:
Invalid character '\f' in expression

Do you have a suggestion to solve this?

Are you attempting to use File->Source... for this? That doesn't do what you think it does! :-)

The Source... menu option reads in/executes a gdb script. It is called this (perhaps not so helpfully) because the equivalent gdb command is also called "source".

If you want to look at a random source file in you executable, type it into the file name combobox under the run button. Or you can manually select it from that drop down list, but for non-trivial executables, it is usually easiest to type it in and hit ENTER/RETURN.