Re: SLIB support

01/17/2000 02:51, Marco Vezzoli marco.vezzoli@st.com:

> In my first attempt I used the prelude file that comes with umb-scheme
> without modifications, but I've got some problem trying to load the
> fluid-let syntax.

I don't have time right now to track it down myself, but I checked fluid-let
and see that it calls two other SLIB files:

    (require 'dynamic-wind)
    (require 'common-list-functions)

We'd probably want to see if one or both of them are problematic, and keep
following the requires until we know it is or isn't a problem with
fluid-let.

If you get a successful kawa.init SLIB file finished, you might want to
check with Per to see if he'd include it in the Kawa distribution. SLIB
support will definitely increase Kawa's value from a Scheme user's
perspective. One thing to bear in mind is that most of the implementation
specific .init files list what they support in the *features* list binding.
In other words SLIB's init files exist partly to handle the fact that not
every implementation supports every library SLIB provides.

((lambda (args) (display args)) "
   Robert D. Skeels          | Los Angeles illustrator, designer
   athene@earthlink.net      | http://home.earthlink.net/~athene
   webmaster@synchrotech.com | http://www.synchrotech.com")