Re: OVERRIDE Multiple methods with the same name and argument types

"Daniel Bonniot" <bonniot@cma.ensmp.fr> writes:

I'm getting read for a trip (I'll be gone for a few days), so
I'll answer the rest of your message later, but:

> > Have you looked at whether the classes in gnu.kawa.reflect will
> > work for you?
>
> They seem to be linked to the Scheme world, aren't they ?

They are not meant to be Scheme-specific.  There are some uses of
kawa.standard.Scheme.exp2Type, kawa.standard.Scheme.getInstance,
and things like that.  That is something that needs to be fixed;
instead they should get the information via the current
Interpreter.  For now, we can use Interpreter.defaultInterpreter,
though that isn't the right.

The other thing is that the reflect classes descend from Procedure,
and have a specific Scheme-friendly API.  But they are not Scheme-specific;
you can use from them other languages that uses Procedures.  Or if you
don't like teh API, you can wrap them in some way, for example by
creating your own Procedures, and using the static methods in
the reflect class.