Re: Compilation teaser

"Nic Ferrier" <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk> writes:

> If there are cyclic dependancies between Java source and Kawa source
> then there is a problem compiling.

Cyclic dependencies over both Java and Scheme will be difficult to
support.  I think you will have to use reflection - i.e. look up
classes by name at run-time.

I do intend to support cyclic dependencies between Kawa modules -
i.e. two or modules will be able to mutually require each other.
That is not very difficult to implement, at least not when all
the modules are listed on the same kawa -C command line.
(Kawa does an initil scan looking for declarations.  We just need to
do this across all modules before we continue compiling.)