Re: Possible bug with compilation/stdout?

On 10 Apr 2000, Per Bothner wrote:

> Try adding (force-output):

Ok, that works.

> > (new SchemeTest()).theMainMethod();
>
> That is not meant to work.  I do intent toimplement a "compile-static"

Now I'm a bit confused. From what I understand, you can compile a module
as an "instance" module (which is the only type implemented now). This is
fine with me.
So how does a line like `(new SchemeTest()).theMainMethod();' not fit in
with this scheme?

Other possible bugs:
1) I haven't been able to use the `this' syntax. Whenever I use (this),
anywhere in my code, the compiler crashes with an internal error
(NullPointerException).

2) Compiling files into packages: If I have (module-name ...) in the
module source, where ... is 'foo.SchemeTest or "foo.SchemeTest" or
<foo.SchemeTest>, the module always gets compiled as a toplevel (not
inside package foo) class. The only way this works is using the
-T foo.SchemeTest command line option. Note that even using
-P foo. -T SchemeTest doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ittai