Re: continued troubles migrating from 1.6.1

You're right, Per, something is really going wrong. When I create an
instance of Scheme using

            Scheme myInterpreter = new Scheme();

I get back a Scheme with an environment that has no bindings. It appears
that the define_syntax calls in initScheme are failing. There are some
definitions showing up in the ancestor, like integer-length, but the loaded
flag is null.

This worked fine with the .zip file for kawa 1.6.1, but doesn't work right
using either the source or the .jar file for the latest version. I don't
have a command-line Java compiler on the Mac OS in order to generate the
.class files on the fly. Do you have a built version of all these classes
that I can statically link in?

Paul

--
Paul R. Potts * Technology Group Leader * Health Media Research Lab
Comprehensive Cancer Center * University of Michigan Medical Center

"Umm, I want to play ill-bent tech-noodle avant-core, gritty house,
with maybe a bit of speed garage and an occasional chill-out terminal
acidosis-bath pseudo-jazz funkified accelerando con troppo allegro
innuendo pornucopia of sample stampede combining cowpunk with filter
sweeps, bleep-and-brass, and maybe a waltz."