Re: Problem with define-private

Jocelyn Paine <popx@pop3.ifs.org.uk> writes:

> Something odd about define-private. Here's a simple
> I load it and call f, and then g isn't found:
>   (load "t.scm")

Currently modules only work for compiled code.  If you load a Scheme
source file, it is evaluated line-by-line, which is incompatible with
the kind of processing needed for a module.

I would like to change things so that a module is processed as an
entire file when loading, for compatibility with the compiler.  That
would actually be trivial, but it would break some things.  Notably
defining and using macros in the same source file.  I'm working on a
eval-and-compile form to allow forms to be made available both to the
compiler and the run-time environment.

A possible hack is that when the loader sees one of the module commands
(such as module-name) it handles the rest of the file as a single unit.
But I'd rather do something more consistently.