Re: Build (newest) problems under Cygwin 1.6

David Chase <chase@world.std.com> writes:

> The Cygwin classpath problem remains in the gnu.* packages.
> I worked around this by changing the definition from
> CLASSPATH_ENV = CLASSPATH=$(JAVAROOT):$(srcdir)/$(JAVAROOT):$$CLASSPATH
> CLASSPATH_ENV = CLASSPATH=\"$(JAVAROOT)\;$(srcdir)/$(JAVAROOT)\;$$CLASSPATH\"
>
> Forward slashes work just fine on java on Windows -- the question,
> instead, is whether the escaped semicolons work as well under Unix.
> If so, then we have a general solution.

Not really, unless *all* Unix javac replacements (including Gcj
and jikes) can handle this.

A better solution might be replace CLASSPATH_ENV by something like:

CLASSPATH_ENV = CLASSPATH=$(JAVAROOT)@pathsep@$(srcdir)/$(JAVAROOT):$$CLASSPATH

and then have configure set pathsep appropriately.  Ideally, this would
be handled automatically by autoconf and automake, but it shouldn't be
too difficult to do it ad hoc.