Re: Could you help me to set the Kawa Paths up correctly

On 18 Apr 2001 10:53:04 -0400, MMccffrty@aol.com wrote:
> Hi, I am having problems trying to set up the correct paths for Kawa.
> I am using JDK 1.1.8 and Swing 1.1.1
>
> I am not sure how to set Kawa up so as it will use the right directories and
> stuff.
>
> Here is a typical error message I get returned, how can I fix this.
>
> c:\Java\bin\javac.exe  PubFrame.java
> Working Directory - C:\Final Year Project\Code\
> Class Path - .;C:\KawaEnt5.0\kawaclasses.zip;c:\java\lib\classes.zip
> File Compiled...
>
> --------------------------- Compiler Output ---------------------------
> PubFrame.java:2: Package javax.swing not found in import.
>
> import javax.swing.*;
>
>        ^
>
> PubFrame.java:6: Package javax.swing.event not found in import.
>
> import javax.swing.event.*;
>
>        ^
>
> PubFrame.java:9: Superclass JFrame of class PubFrame not found.
>
> public class PubFrame extends JFrame
>
>                               ^
>
> 3 errors
>
> If you could help me at all, it would be much appreciated.
> Cheers
> Michael

It looks like you need to add the swing classes to your classpath.
Perhaps, it is called something like swing1_1.jar, or swing.jar or
something.

Another solution would be to use java2 (1.2 or 1.3) in which case, Swing
is part of the standard library.

Best regards,
Ivan