Re: new kawa snapshot 1.6.90

Weiqi Gao wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2001 22:45:45 +1000, Chris wrote:
>
>> I remember the problem now, there are conflicts between
>> java.util and com.sun.java.collections. In that case can
>> you just grab what you need out of Java2 (how much is
>> used? Just a few interfaces like List?), and bundle it
>> in Kawa?
>
> That's a license agreement violation.  And Sun DOES sue people who do
> that. :)

A few points:

* You can redistribute Java legally. Just think of a way to suck out the
bits you want when building Kawa.
* If you're just using interfaces like List.., It's just an interface -
i.e. part of the open Java definition, it doesn't contain any actual
code. Pretty easy to "reverse engineer" if you want to use that term

and finally...

If you just want a class to implement List but you don't have List...
package java.util; public interface List { }

Just create an empty interface.