Re: problem with java.lang.StringBuffer append method

Allan Erskine <a.erskine@cs.ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Could anyone tell me why this doesn't work (latest CVS):

Well, loosely it is because Kawa cannot choose between two
applicable StringBuffer.append methods.  I've started digging
into what the problem is and how to fix it.  (Kawa does have the
smarts to pick the most specific method, but the dynamic typing
of Scheme combined with Java static method overload resolution
combined with the goal of trying to resolve the correct method
at Kawa compile time makes things a bit tricky.)