Re: java.in files

At 09:49 PM 6/28/2001 +0100, Jocelyn Paine wrote:
>I've just downloaded the latest Kawa and tried installing. This was under
>Windows, so I was using makekawa.bat. Compilation failed because (amongst
>other things) it couldn't find gnu.lists.SimpleVector.
>What is the preprocessor? And is there a configuration stage that I must
>go through before using makekawa to tell it whether I'm using collections?

The preprocessor is sed.  It is handled by the GNU make makefile.

I have used the Kawa makefiles successfully on Windows using Cygwin.  The
only change is to add a couple `cygpath -wp` translations where the
makefiles call Java.  At the moment that is probably the most direct route
to building Kawa on Windows.

I am working on an Ant build for Kawa, which will effectively eliminate the
cross platform issues.  I would have had that done already but the need to
do cygpath under Cygwin for Java got me completely off-track by trying to
build Kaffe for Cygwin (I also started working on a Cygwin Java launcher
for the Sun JDK).

jim