Re: brackets

Chris wrote:

> >I think the simplicity you describe would require removing the partial
> >support for square brackets as parens.
>
> My understanding of option 1 was that square brackets become
> ordinary characters, never usable as parens.

That was my intention, but describing it as the "status quo" was
clearly incorrect.

Digression:  It is is sometimes difficult even for me to keep
track of which features work, which features I've started writing
some code for, and which features are only ideas in my head.  Sigh.
Case in point:  If you do:
    (require 'reader)
Kawa loads some definitions of functions that provide a
subset of the Common Lisp readtable api.  Unfortunately, not
enough to be useful, though it gives you the idea.  (It is not just
a matter of finishing the Scheme api - there are also some changes
that would be needed at the Java level - starting with a way to map
from an input-port back to a Lexer.)