Re: java -jar kawa-1.6.98.jar --xquery: nested document

Morten Primdahl wrote:

> Hi. First of all, if I'm not in the right forum, please
> let me know where it can be found.

This will do for now, until we start a separate mailing list.

> I've been playing around with the Kawa XQuery implementation,
> it's very nice. I'm getting an odd exception though, that
> I'm hoping someone can clarify to me:
>
> xquery[7]: document("data.xml")//title
> java.lang.Error: nested document
>     at gnu.lists.TreeList.beginDocument(TreeList.java:448)
>     at gnu.xml.ParsedXMLToConsumer.parse(ParsedXMLToConsumer.java:23)
>     at gnu.kawa.xml.Document.apply(Document.java:63)
>     at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilDone(CallContext.java:239)
>     at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilValue(CallContext.java:253)
>     at atInteractiveLevel.apply(Unknown Source)
>     at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilDone(CallContext.java:239)
>     at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:189)
>     at kawa.Shell.run(Shell.java:231)
>     at kawa.Shell.run(Shell.java:180)
>     at kawa.Shell.run(Shell.java:167)
>     at kawa.Shell.run(Shell.java:154)
>     at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:561)
>
> What is meant by "nested document"? My document is a well-formed XML
> document.

Yes, this is a strange error that I see once in a while, but I haven't
managed to track it down.  I suspect that it only happens as a side
effect of some other error, but I'm not sure.  Literally, it means
that two calls to beginDocument were seem without an intervening
endDocument.

If you have a simple repeatable testcase I'll try to track it down.