Re: proposition

Pinte_Stanislas@emc.com wrote:
> I am proposing some changes to the Interpreter interface:
>
> for easy embedding into any application, it should be straightforward to
> specify the out and error stream of a running interpreter. As each instance
> of interpreter could want to output to different sets of streams, it is not
> enough to have a method Outport.setDefaultOut, and Outport setDefaultErr...

Yes, it is.  Look at the implementation:  The streams are
thread-specific, assuming the current thread is a Future.
And of course you really want to run each interpreter in
its own thread.  (It could be extended to be a thread-local
variable, for arbitrary threads, not just Future instances,
like we now do for fluid bindings.)

Take a look at how (scheme-window) is imlemented in GuiConsole.