From: Richard Polfreman <r.p.polfreman@herts.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:02:23 +0100
To: athene@earthlink.net
Subject: Kawa MacOS 9

Hi Robert,

I've been looking at your helpful Kawa Mac pages, but the Mac
distribution
files appear to be missing, can I still get these from somewhere? I've
tried the standard
Kawa 1.6.99 jar file on MacOS 9.2.2, and using MRJ AppBuilder, but I get
his strange
error on startup :

Class missing for error: java/lang/ExceptionInInitializerError at
java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java)
Exception Occurred:
getInstance for 'kawa.standard.Scheme' failed
 at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Interpreter.java:152)
 at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Compiled Code)
 at kawa.repl.getInterpreter(repl.java:153)
 at kawa.repl.processArgs(Compiled Code)
 at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:545)
 at
com.apple.mrj.JManager.JMStaticMethodDispatcher.run(JMAWTContextImpl.java)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Have no idea what is causing this, everything seems fine with other Java
stuff I'm doing.
The jar works OK on MacOS X (well kind of, console behaviour seems a bit
erratic....)....

Any help appreciated,

Richard.

Richard Polfreman
Music Department
Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Herts.
AL10 9AB UK

Email: R.P.Polfreman@herts.ac.uk