Re: Problems compiling kawa 1.6.99

Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
I didn't expected this, but it seems that to get cp-tools working
(javap, havah, serialver) - especially Javap.java from
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cp-tools/cp-tools/gnu/classpath/tools/
I will have to compile and package kawa also...
I knew nothing about these tools until you mentioned them.  They do
appear to use the gnu.bytecode package, which is completely independent
of the rest of Kawa, even though it is packaged with Kawa. A stand-alone
gnu.bytecode is probably reasonable, or one integrated into
gnu.classpath - including all of Kawa is overkill, though it does raise
the risk of duplication.

Making all in brl
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/greg/deb-pkgs/MAYBE/kawa-1.6.99/gnu/kawa/brl'
CLASSPATH=../../..:../../..:$CLASSPATH \
  java kawa.repl -d ../../.. --module-static  \
    -P `echo gnu-kawa-brl|sed -e s/-/./g`. -C progfun.scm
(compiling progfun.scm)
Internal error while compiling progfun.scm
gnu.mapping.UnboundSymbol: Unbound symbol string->list -
java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: kawa.lib.strings
The kawa.lib package is suposed to be built before gnu.kawa.brl
is built.  I believe there is code to handle to do that.  Are you
using a parallel make?  I haven't tried to ensure that Kawa
builds using other than plain GNU make (or Ant).