Re: Problems compiling kawa 1.6.99

W liście z śro, 14-08-2002, godz. 03:25, Per Bothner pisze:
> Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> > I didn't expected this, but it seems that to get cp-tools working
> > (javap, havah, serialver) - especially Javap.java from
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cp-tools/cp-tools/gnu/classpath/tools/
> > I will have to compile and package kawa also...
> I knew nothing about these tools until you mentioned them.  They do
> appear to use the gnu.bytecode package, which is completely independent
> of the rest of Kawa, even though it is packaged with Kawa. A stand-alone
> gnu.bytecode is probably reasonable, or one integrated into
> gnu.classpath - including all of Kawa is overkill, though it does raise
> the risk of duplication.
well... I got cp-tools working with year old CVS version of
gnu.bytecode+some patches, but that's temporary solution.

Looking into the future - should I package gnu.bytecode in separate jar
and separate package? (under what name? gnu-bytecode[.jar]?)
Or maybe (just thinking) it belongs to cp-tools? (as com.sun.javadoc?)
[Cc:ing cp-tools ml - so that they could comment on this of they want]

> > Making all in brl
> > make[3]: Entering directory
> > `/home/greg/deb-pkgs/MAYBE/kawa-1.6.99/gnu/kawa/brl'
> > CLASSPATH=../../..:../../..:$CLASSPATH \
> >   java kawa.repl -d ../../.. --module-static  \
> >     -P `echo gnu-kawa-brl|sed -e s/-/./g`. -C progfun.scm
> > (compiling progfun.scm)
> > Internal error while compiling progfun.scm
> > gnu.mapping.UnboundSymbol: Unbound symbol string->list -
> > java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: kawa.lib.strings
> The kawa.lib package is suposed to be built before gnu.kawa.brl
> is built.  I believe there is code to handle to do that.  Are you
> using a parallel make?  I haven't tried to ensure that Kawa
> builds using other than plain GNU make (or Ant).
no, I am doing "just" make.
Let's say, that I will not package all of kawa - only gnu.bytecode,
which I can compile w/o problems.
I don't wanna be kawa maintainer - really ;-)

Thank you for your answer

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski