Can we prefix with module names? (was Re: Shorthand for Java)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Per Bothner wrote:

> Wen-Chun Ni wrote:
>
> > I am wondering whether there is a way to shorten the references to
> > Java objects in Kawa in general.
>
> I recently checked in to cvs new support for "qualified names"
> which (among more longer-term xml- and Common Lisp-related
> advantages) make method invoction much more convenient.  I hadn't

With these, can we now use Kawa module names as prefixes too? Selected at
runtime? So that if modules M1 and M2 both export function f, my code can
pass the name of one of these modules around in a variable V, and then
call V:f?

Jocelyn Paine