Re: Question on compiling to bytecode

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 11:58, Per Bothner wrote:
> Erol Akarsu wrote:
> > As Per mentioned, bytecode optimization may be not efficient because we may
> > not see global picture of source code. I have just quickly checked Jscheme
> > is generating Java source file, jython does also.

Just a quick clarification. Jython definitely compiles to byte code. It
can also compile a python file to a java .class file. The idea being
that you can use java classes in python and also the other way round. I
haven't kept up with jython too well lately, so it might also be able to
generate a .java equivalent of a .py file which might be why it looks
like it generates java source code.

Nick

--
Nick Collier